Monday, September 8, 2008

A Day in the Life...

Just in case you were curious, I thought I'd let you in on how our day goes...

4:30 A.M.
*whaa whaa* coming from the trying to be very strong and not lose my cool, because I don't have to get up for another 3o minutes. Emery wins the battle and I get a bottle ready, and just pray that she can suck it down so I can close my eyes for at least 10 more minutes! :) Oh yeah, lets not mention that she was up 3 hours ago...

5 A.M.
My turn to get ready...

5:30 A.M.
Daddy rolls out of bed *he only works 5 minutes from the house* versus my 30 minute (10 mile) commute on the fantastic 290.

5:45 A.M.
Go get the monkey man out of bed, and hope he gets out on the right side. Who am I kidding? Trey never gets out of bed on the wrong side....hmm, no sarcasm there! :) Emery gets loaded up and we're almost ready to all that's left to do is bottles and lunches, Daddy helps (Thank goodness!)

6 A.M.
Off we go! DVD playing, check. Juice Cup, check. Diaper bag, check. Both kids, check. OK, we can go!

6:30 A.M.
Drop 'em off! Trey is hilarious when I leave him with Grammy. This is about how it goes:
*Bye Trey, I love you*
*BYE MOM, I WUV OO TOOO!* (yes, needs to be in all caps!)
*Have a good Trey*
I drive away every morning with a smile on my face, how many moms can say that? THANK YOU GRAMMY!

7:25 A.M. - 2:30 P.M.
This is where I mold the minds of today's youth. lol. That, or they fry mine. The jury is still out on that one! Some of the things I hear...whoa. This is also where I laugh off the fact that I have 29 computers in my room now, and 3 of them have the blue screen of death. Just an FYI, that leaves me with 26 working computers and 28 kids in half of my classes. NICE. Oh well, I am at my best when I wing it. I've been wingin' it for the last 3 weeks. Sweet.

2:32 P.M.
Out the door to get the kiddos....JUST KIDDING. Ok, Ok only some days I leave that early. :) Ok, so those days outweigh those that I stay until I'm supposed to. lol.

I'm not going to put a time on anything else and just let you know that it all goes downhill from there. Hopefully Trey takes a nap when we get home...I cook dinner, wash bottles, try and keep Trey from jumping from the couch to the ottoman that is halfway across the room....and basically count down the hours until daddy gets home! :)

I must say that tonight I was on my A-Game! I took Trey to get a hair cut with Emery in tow. We went to Walmart after that. I cooked dinner when I got home (recipe to follow), all dishes in the dishwasher, and I washed bottles....AND we took a walk. YES, I'M EXHAUSTED, to bed I go. Hope everyone has a good week.

P.S. Ike...go away. I have plans this weekend.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow! You are a super mom! I am trying to figure out how to do things with just one! You sound like you are doing great!