Thursday, July 3, 2008

Monday Night It Is...

We had our 35 week check up yesterday. My blood pressure was up again, 147/88 (yes, I get nervous thinking every visit now, we will have to go in). I'm pretty sure if they would have checked it again while I was sitting there and after the ultrasound, it would have gone down. Oh well. The ultrasound went really well, she is measuring 6 lbs. 4 oz...so she is still growing. Actually measuring ahead of schedule. She also passed the Non-stress test with flying colors. The Dr. said she was an 8 out of 8, at whatever they look at. However, the Dr. said she doesn't see any point in me trying to do this any longer than I have to. It would be safer for all parties involved if we go ahead and induce Monday night. Tuesday she will be 36 weeks, and the Dr. feels sure that her lungs and everything will be ready. We will have yet ANOTHER Dr.'s appointment Monday afternoon at 3:30, where they will do all of the tests one last time. (We'll be there a while, b/c the Dr. is triple-booked Monday afternoon...nice) From there, we will check into the hospital Monday evening and start the pitocin. So, hopefully all goes well...Emery will arrive sometime Tuesday. I mean, Monday night would be really nice, but I'm being practical on the length of labor!! I hear it goes quicker the second time around....but I also hear that pitocin is not very pleasant! :) That epidural will be put to good use. Anyway, this is our last weekend as a family of 3! Friday morning Joe is going to take Trey to my mom's house to see the "woo woo's" at the 4th of July parade. I'll post some pics of that. I hope everyone has an awesome 4th of July! Until next time...

3 comments:

Andria said...

How exciting - I'm looking forward to meeting Miss Emery! I would love to bring you guys dinner one night when you're back at home, so have Joe or your mom give me a call as to what would be a good time! (I'll send phone # in an email :)).

Tammy said...

How exciting! I'm praying for Monday night! Pitocin is not pleasant, but it is good news that you are a fan of the epidural- it will make things go much smoother :) I can't wait for the big news!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in good hands girl. I had my little guy at 36 weeks and he was only 4 lbs 6 ozs. He was perfectly healthy, and still is, the little chunk. I love it. Good luck girl. I love these blog things. I might have to get one of my own.

love from your DZ sister.
Rachelle