Thursday, July 17, 2008

Comical

So......I'm drying my hair (you know getting all cleaned up before I go into labor! Make up is a must! ha!)...and I hear Joe yelling at me from the bed, "You're phone is ringing!" Needless to say, I didn't get to it in time. Let me set the time frame for you...it's 3:45 p.m. Yes, this is today...the day I am to report to the hospital at 5 p.m. Of course, I look at my phone and the number is not one that is already in my phone. I automatically know its the hospital. I call it back and get the switchboard operator, who has no idea what I'm doing calling him. Then, I hear the little beep for a voicemail. Fantastic! I get the new number and call it back. Here's the conversation: "Hi Kristy, this is Margaret with labor & delivery...um, you're being put on a slight hold tonight for your Cervidil" Me: "Sooooo, what are you saying?" Margaret: "We just can't get you in a room right now, but you will get in sometime tonight." Me:"I will be in a room tonight, right? (with slight firmness in my voice!) Margaret: "Yes, you will get in tonight, I just can't guarantee you a time right now...if you haven't heard from us by 8 p.m. call us back." Me: "Thanks. Bye"

There you have it. The latest update of Emery's arrival, everyone keeps trying to put her on hold! :) You should have seen the look on Joe's face when I told him we had been put on hold, yet again. Luckily, this time they guaranteed me tonight! I think he's tempted to just drop me off at the nearest ER. Anyway, we're off to go eat my last meal for a little while. Hopefully you won't hear from us too soon, that would mean we're back home way too soon! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: