Sunday, July 20, 2008

:: Emery Rae Owens ::

Okay, go ahead and scroll to the bottom of this post...that's where the pics are! (I know you really don't care what I have to say! ha ha) I'm not posting all 500 pics yet, so these will have to do for now. By the way, you won't find any of me until Joe hacks into here and posts them! :)Emery made her presence known to the world Friday evening (7/18/08) at 7:39 p.m. She weighed in at 6 lbs. 16 oz. I won't go into all of the details, but we finally got checked into the hospital Friday night at 10 p.m.....yeah, not the 5 p.m. that they had told us. I got the Cervidil at midnight that night and had to be on that for 12 hours. So at around 12:30 p.m. on Friday, I got the Pitocin. By 2:30 had an epidural and was at 3 cm. Yeah, the epidural officially kicked my butt and I'm going to leave it at that. It had worn off by around 7, when I needed to push...In case you didn't know, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. are the shift changes at Methodist Willowbrook. Don't decide to push during a shift change! Joe was impressed to see me bossing people around, because I don't generally do that. Those are about all of the details you need to know, because when they finally did get in there and let me push, it took 3 contractions and Emery was here! She is perfectly healthy and I am feeling fine. She does have a little bit of a rash or something on her bottom and we're going to see the pediatrician tomorrow, but I'm not too worried about it. She is eating, sleeping, peeing and pooping.....that means she's healthy, right? :) Enjoy the pics, and I'm sure I will be posting many more later. Oh yeah, Trey is completely fasicinated by Miss Emery and giggles at every little thing she does. It is a really neat thing to see.

Emery Rae Owens...6 lbs. 16 oz.

Trey being an awesome big brother!


Daddy and Emery...yes, he's already wrapped around her pinky.

Our first photo shoot in the room...

Waiting patiently to get outta there!

6 comments:

MichelleAriana said...

Congrats Owens Family! She's beautiful!

-Michelle Pierce (Terrell)

Andria said...

Congrats!!! She is absolutely beautiful - can't wait to meet her!

Tammy said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! She is precious.

The Bente Family said...

Congrats!!! She is adorable!!

Callie said...

yeah!!! She is beautiful!!! What a sweet blessing!

The Jackson's said...

These are the most precious pictures ever! You have a an absolutely BEAUTIFUL family! :)