Monday, July 7, 2008

IIIIIII'm Baaaaaaaaack!

So, is there such a thing as being too healthy to have a baby? :) I got rejected by the hospital this morning. Here is how the last 24 hours have gone. Last night, Joe retreated to the guest bedroom because I couldn't sleep and had the TV on and he wanted to read. Plus, the snoring of a 36 wk. pregnant woman can be pretty nasty! :) Anyway, I woke up around 12:30 a.m. when my mind would not shut off. It continued to run wild, so I moved myself out to the recliner to watch some TV with my fabulous body pillow (sidebar: not much on the tube after 1 a.m). 3:30 rolled around and I finally fell back asleep (still in the recliner). I think I watched the 5 a.m. newscast, but I'm not 100% positive. The next thing I remember was Trey coming around the corner at 7:30. Thank goodness Joe was not far behind him and I got to go back to bed and catch another hour or so of sleep. I think I was just psyching myself out because I THOUGHT it was my last night as a mother of 1. Anyway, around 10 a.m. I got a call from the doctor. She explained to me that unless something was terribly wrong at the appointment this afternoon, the hospital wouldn't take me at 36 weeks. I would have to have severe preeclampsia before they would take me. (FYI...the dr. is new to this hospital, so she didn't think they would put the brakes on) Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. Now, don't get me wrong. I want to wait until at least 37 weeks to have Emery, but I was told that I was having this baby tonight or tomorrow. Anywho, we kind of bummed around the house until it was time to head to the Dr. Fast forward to 3:30 this afternoon. Ultrasound...Emery scores 8 out of 8. NST (Non-stress Test)....Emery scores 10 out of 10. My BP....125/74 :). Protein.....NONE! So, basically today I was the healthiest I've been the whole time! WOO HOO! I bought myself another week. Joe on the otherhand was SOOO ready for Emery to be here, and he was a little perturbed at the doctor (A) getting our hopes up (B) FREAKING me out about preeclampsia/toxemia, when IF I have it is a very mild case at the moment. Next week, I go to the doctor on Wednesday morning for all of the same tests, and I think we are going to take the 24 hour urine test (can you sense the excitement about that last one?)....That is the latest news. Check back for more fun pics this week, as I will be getting my camera out.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I know you are so ready Kristy, but this really is good news. Emery gets another week to make her lungs good & strong! And you get another week to spend with Trey- just Trey. :)