Friday, July 17, 2009

*Emery's Party*

Let's start with the cupcakes...I was pretty proud of them. You should have seen me and my mom trying to get them iced last night. It only took one extra trip to Walmart for new icing. That's all...A quick sidenote: My mom brought over all of her cake decorating supplies that she has had since she made me and my brother's cakes when we were little!



I managed to create this. My first time to decorate a cake using the official icing 'stuff'...my verdict? It could have been a lot worse! The 1 was a little off center, but I'm pretty sure Em didn't mind!


I mean after all...it ended up looking like this!


Here's the princess being very patient...


She started off being nice and picky...


Then, she dug right in...


We moved on to presents after that...and Trey was a big helper!


She got her first pair of Wellies (aka...rain boots) from Grammie and Iggie! So cute!


All in all, it was a great little gathering of friends and family. I am still adjusting to the fact that Emery is no longer a baby. She is done with the bottle and baby food, can I get a woot woot! In case you need a laugh, I'll leave you with this picture...

Enough said.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yep! Now she's in full on toddler mode, when the REAL fun begins, haha

She is such a beautiful little girl Kristy, you guys did good! :)

Now for baby #3?!? haha

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

I'm sad I missed the cake part...but I'm glad I got to see what I did. It helped with my withdrawels slightly. Can't wait till we get 'em back for good! Or at least until next year :( I don't wannt think about that.
-Iggie

Tammy said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl! I can't believe it has been a year!!!