Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're Still Here...

Whoa, almost a week between posts! Staying pretty busy around here! This photography is keepin' me pretty busy, but no complaints here because I LOVE it!

I think I posted about Trey's ear infection, and maybe about his flying leap off of our five foot bar outside. (No, I didn't witness that...but he tells me he landed on his head!) Emery had pink eye this past week...nothin' a few eye drops didn't clear up!

Last night, Joe and I got to watch this movie with our small group. Great times had by all! I made Missy's Chicken Enchilada Dip and it was a huge success. (recipe below)

I am leaving here in a few minutes to go get one of my dearest friends from the airport. Her dad, who is pretty much one of my 'dad's', is having double bypass surgery on Monday or Tuesday. Would you please keep him/family in your prayers. For the surgeons to have wisdom and steady hands, and for him to come thru with flying colors and have a speedy recovery.

We'll be hangin' out at the hospital this week, so it very well could be another week before I post! PLUS, it's TAKS week at school, and that's enough to do anyone in! Okay, now for the recipe...I know that's why y'all are still reading this! :)

Chicken Enchilada Dip
1 - rotisserie chicken (pull meat off in small pieces)
2 - 8 oz. pkgs of cream cheese (I used fat free)
1 - cup mayo (again, fat free)
1 - cup sour cream (light)
4 - cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 - 4.5 oz. cans green chiles
1 - small can of jalapenos, diced

Mix all ingredients together
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
Serve with tortilla chips, fritos, or could be spread in a tortilla...

Enjoy, and have a great week!

P.S. Along with praying for our dear friend, please keep Kayleigh and Family in your prayers. My heart just hurts for them, I can't even begin to imagine. I can tell you that it has caused me to hug Trey and Emery a little tighter each day!

No comments: