Monday, April 6, 2009

The life...

This is the life.

Someone other than my mom, cleaned my house for me this weekend. In almost six years of married life, we have never had anyone come clean our house. I will be the first to tell you that I did not get my mother's clean gene. The first step is admitting the problem, right? Even before kids, Joe and I could always find something better to do than clean our house. Don't let your mind go to the gutter...we just stay busy with all of our school stuff and at the time we were both coaching. Anyway, moving on...my friend Tammy had mentioned she had some girls come clean her house. Can we say God-send? In the first 5 minutes, they had taken all of the cushions out of the couch and were cleaning the couches out...oh wait, you're supposed to do that? I don't even want to know what they found. Just kidding, maybe not. So, 3 hours later...my house is cleaner than the day we moved in. It is such a great feeling not to have to spend my Saturday or Sunday afternoons dedicated to laundry and cleaning (better yet, I don't have to take a day off...which I've been known to do). If you're in the Houston area, and need a referral for some awesome women to come clean your house, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Can I get a 'Hallelujah' for a 4-day week? I'm excited for this week/weekend. Joe and I are both volunteering at ALL of our church's Easter services. Friday - 6 p.m., Saturday - 6 p.m., Sunday - 3 more services! I think I'm just going to pack Trey and Emery a little suit case, and let them sleep there! Just kidding. We LOVE our church, and I'm so excited to see how many new people come thru the doors...and hopefully love it as much as we do!

Last night Joe and I were finishing up dinner, and we're sitting at the kitchen table. Trey had dismissed himself, and Emery was in her walker. They kept us entertained for at least 10 minutes with their new game. Trey runs all the way in to the living room, by the fire place...ready, set, run....he runs into Emery and pushes her walker and she giggles and think it's the funniest thing. Joe said, "You can't buy this." So right. To see Emery and Trey interacting now, is such a blessing. I'm really looking forward to this summer where I'll get to see it all day, every day.

Enough rambling for one Monday morning. By the way, my students probably think I'm sick or something. I went off and forgot my makeup bag...I'm at work...sans makeup. Yikes! :) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Suesan said...

Ha, you remind me of me!!! Amelia & I pulled off the couch cushions the other day & WOAH it was nasty!!