Tuesday, April 28, 2009

*Oh Snap*

Let me set this story up for you:
Me - Chasing Trey around the upstairs to get him back in bed
Trey - Trying to evade my grabbing hands
Me - "Trey, GET IN BED"...As I grab his arm
Trey - "OH, SNAP."

Being that I teach at a pretty diverse high school, and mainly juniors and seniors, I LOST IT. Just in case you needed the break down...

OH SNAP
(exclamatory phrase) a playful indication of surprise, misfortune, or insult popularized by Tracy Morgan of Saturday Night Live, 'Oh Snap' is seemingly derivative of "oh no you didn't". While derivative of "oh no you di-int,". 'Oh Snap' has more of an emphasis on playfulness and can be said by people other than those being insulted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We needed that laugh today, as we awoke this morning to some 'snap, crackle, & pop'....later to be figured out as our tile downstairs. The Houston area got 10+ inches of rain LAST NIGHT. We didn't have standing water, it just somehow got in under the tile and 'pushed' it up. Let's just say it was a good thing I had a margarita tonight, because I get to deal with the claims people tomorrow! Wish me luck.

Oh, by the way. We didn't have school today. And no, it wasn't because of that blasted swine flu...don't get me started. We didn't have to go in, because there were rains reminiscent of Hurricane Ike during rush hour! We'll keep you posted on the saga with insurance!

1 comment:

Suesan said...

That is so funny! I love it when they say stuff like that!