Monday, March 28, 2011

Summer Trip 2011

Let the count down begin...summer is just around the corner! Can I get a hallelujah?!

That means we are planning our trip to Illinois. The first year that we traveled, we took our route thru New Orleans/Mississippi to attend a wedding and drove thru the night to Illinois. Not much scenery to see at 4 a.m.! Last year we went to Dallas and headed north from there. THIS year, I think I have our route mapped. We are going to start early and head to Henderson, TX to visit some of our best friends for a day or two. I know it's only 3 hours from our house, but we have such a good time with them. From there, we will head to Memphis to stay the night. It will only take about 6 hours, so we need some ideas of what to do the afternoon we get there. From Memphis, we will head up to Springfield, Illinois which will be our final destination for the week. If you're a roadie and know some things we need to do along the way, please let me know! We will have Trey and Em with us, so keep that in mind! :)

ALSO, I'm not really sure of my blog followers these days...but, if you're in the vicinity of our road trip up to Illinois, I'd love to have some photo shoots in some different places! {Check out my photography site if you had no idea I was a photographer} When I say vicinity, I mean within a 30 minute shot of our route...

I'm so excited I can hardly wait for June to get here. My students are so D.O.N.E. and I'm not far behind them! :)


Here is our projected route!



P.S. If you're a road-tripper...check out: Roadside America! LOTS of little things to check out so the little ones don't get too bored!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

My mom is from Memphis and my grandparents still live there, so I've had many a vacations spent in Memphis. I've been to the zoo there, and it was a pretty good zoo from what I remember. Back in that day, there was a panda there. There is this place called Mud Island there that has a replica of the Missippi river that the kids can splash and play in. My cousin works at St. Jude. She has givin us a tour but I'm not sure it that was because we are family, or if they do that for anyone. That is a pretty humbling experience and makes you very thankful for healthy kids. There are LOTS of great places to eat there as well. I will say though, Memphis is a pretty dangerous town. Be sure your hotel is in a good part of town and stay out of the downtown area at night. Let me know if I can help you in any other way. If I don't know the answer to something, I can call my cousin or grandparents and they can get me the answer. Sounds like a fun trip.