Thursday, August 26, 2010

Whew...

Whew. The first week of school has almost come to a close. We survived. I do, however, need to have a chat with the scheduling person who decided that the first week of school should be a full 5 days. Shame. If you remember, the start of school generally fell on a Wednesday...and you had the chance to ease on in. By Wednesday of this week, my feet were begging for the weekend! I wore some really cute Target flats on Monday, that apparently made the heel out of plastic, so now I have some rockin' blisters on my heels. That called for me to pull out my new best friends...these shoes...



My school has a pretty strict 'no flip flop' policy, so I'm banking on these to get me thru the year! I even the slides in navy too, so I am covered!

Moving on...I was super proud of myself for cooking Monday thru Wednesday...I boycotted tonight, because Joe had a scrimmage so we went to that. Monday I made a ridiculously yummy new recipe. I found it on Kelly's mom's blog: His Door Keeper. It's called a Chicken Enchilada Ring, and if you're a fan of crescent rolls, then this is for you!!

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped block olives
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 small can chopped chilies, undrained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 rolls of crescent rolls
1 small chopped tomato
1 lime (juice)
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips

Directions:

1. Chop chicken and add olives, cheese, chilies, sour cream and taco mix. Seed and chop 1 tomato and add 2 tablespoons lime juice; add to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 Tblsp. crushed chips and add remaining chips to mixture.


2.Unroll crescent dough and separate triangles. Arrange on round baking stone or cookie sheet making a circle with wide ends OVERLAPPING in the center and points toward outside. ( I did lightly spray oil on the cookie sheet I used). There should be a 5 inch diameter opening in the center.

3. Spread chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.

4. Bring points of triangles up and over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at the center of the ring.

Sprinkle with 2 Tblsp. crushed chips. ( I put shredded cheese all on top!)

5. Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with tomato and serve with salsa and sour cream.

Seriously, make this. You won't regret it! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

I made this on Sunday - YUMMY!!! I saw it on Kelly's blog and after you posted it, I decided to try it. Thanks!

Good luck Friday!