Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome Home!

Today we went to help welcome home the 72nd Infantry Brigade Combat team. Wow. I took my camera because I knew I wanted to help document this day for these families. I was in the right place at the right time when a gentleman asked me if I'd share my images with him. He was there with his camera, because he works for a local magazine. He invited me to tag along with him because he had press rights to go on stage. I had a first hand look at these amazing men and women who serve our country and sacrifice themselves and time with their family on a daily basis. What an inspiration. I sized the images down to fit on my photo blog, so head over here to go check them out.

I think everyone needs to add this to their bucket list. Go. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Kristy!! Those pictures you took of the soldiers were truely AWESOME!! I bet that was one of the best experiences you have ever had. I know I would just be bawling. How did you find out about this? Where did this take place?? I would love to go to one of these one day. Thanks for sharing your photos of this day.