Monday, June 1, 2009

* My Favorite Salad *

Okay, so I'm cooking tonight. Put it down in the record books. This time of year, i.e. school letting out, we are notorious for finding something to do every night of the week...therefore, I usually am not cooking. Alright, MOM, I can hear you know...she's laughing, because she would say I never cook. It's not that I don't like it, because I really do, it's just that I get motivated to do something else! Soooo, on to my favorite salad.

Salmon Salad

1 salmon filet/person (however big or small)
Spring mix salad
Pecans
Avocado
Mandarin oranges
Green onion
Ken's Fat Free Raspberry Pecan Dressing (I find it at Kroger, Wally World doesn't carry it)

I put some 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' on each filet, with some brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, etc....Then, I bake the salmon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Notice I didn't put many amounts. Each person gets a bowl, and just put the amount of salad 'stuff' that you like in your bowl. Set the salmon filet on top, and drizzle the dressing on top. Soooooo good. It is like eating candy. Joe and I could eat this every night of the week. Plus, it's pretty darn healthy!

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Sounds yummy! And, don't worry, I never cook either! It kills my mother!!! :)