Saturday, August 23, 2008

:: Typical ::

Sorry, no pics this time...

Well, I went back to work on Friday. It was actually nice to be surrounded by adults. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Trey and Emery...but adult interaction is definitely needed! I got to my classroom and got logged in on Friday and lo and behold, the software update that I kind of need on Monday, is not done. SHOCKER. (sarcasm, in case you don't know me). We have updated from Microsoft Office XP to Office '07. I'm not real excited about it...simply, because the first time I opened '07, it took me 10 minutes to figure out the little round button at the top left is not for decoration, but it's the old file menu. I'm all for change, sometimes, but not this one! :) Anyway, enough technology talk. Let's just cross our fingers that the installation people got busy over the weekend.

Joe and I spent this weekend getting his new room ready at his school. He will be teaching Geometry this year, and had to switch rooms. Therefore, he needed some decorating help. We finally got that done today...let me tell you, you can get creative trying to keep a 2 1/2 year old entertained in a high school classroom. Thank goodness for dry erase boards and a computer with a projector that plays Toy Story for the 100th time. When we got home from school, I put the kiddos down for a nap (now for the reason behind the Typical for the title post)...I go in to check on Trey 2 1/2 hours later, and he is BURNING up. Temp = 103.somethin'...FANTASTIC. Got the clothes off, into the bath tub he goes! Is he acting funny you ask? NOPE. Typical self. However, that is not where the typical comes from. How about the fact that school starts Monday morning, and my son is getting sick. TYPICAL. We went all summer with nothin', but here we go. Oh well, we'll survive. I checked Trey again before bed and it was down to 101.9, so let's hope it is on it's way down...we shall see! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, I hope Trey is better & you are at school!

Tammy said...

Oh, I hope Trey is better & you are at school!