Friday, May 30, 2008

* Sigh *

Well, if our family isn't a sight to see, I don't know what is. Joe and I just looked at each other in disgust this evening trying to figure out what we would have for dinner. I wasn't cooking, and he wasn't moving, so our options were limited. Let me back up for a second...Joe spent most of the afternoon in bed with a 101 fever, aches, etc....which leads me to believe he is coming down with the chicken pox that he never had. He's not spotted yet, but another day or so will tell us if he has it or not. Trey beat his fever pretty quickly and is back to ruling/running the roost as usual. Wednesday, I was in the worst pain I think I've experienced since Trey came along. I could not get comfortable to save my life, and retreated to the bath tub at 4 in the morning. The pain was all thru my rib cage, and any sort of movement took a moment to talk myself into. I went to school and gave my finals, but left early to high-tail it to the Brewers' pool in search of some comfort. The water does help, but I had called the Doctor just in case. Due to my high blood pressure concern, etc...they asked me to come in to labor & delivery to rule some things out. Everything was ruled out, thank GOD, and I was sent on my merry way after 5 1/2 hours with 2 tylenol and some maalox. Yipee. Well, miraculously in the middle of the night (3:30 a.m., to be exact) Trey decided it was time to play on his 'car roads' (his rug in the middle of his room that has streets for him to play on)...Joe threw him in bed with us, and when I went to roll over, I noticed that the pain had miraculously disappeared! Thursday was a pain free day! I spoke too soon, because as I sit here and type this, I am hyping myself up to get out of the recliner and head to bed (the pain is back...I think Miss Emery is jacking all of my organs in to my rib cage from time to time). As I told my mom Wednesday morning, Emery Rae Owens, better be the cutest girl on this side of the Mississippi for this! :) Just kidding, as long as she is healthy, I can put up with a lot! (I think)...Well, say a little prayer for us, that the Owens' will make it thru the coming weeks in one piece! :) Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

No comments: