Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Big Boy Bed, Mother's Day, and such...

Hello, Hello! I'm trying to keep up with all of this bloggin' stuff...I hope y'all are checkin' up on us. I have to start out by bragging on Trey and his transition to his big boy bed! We are officially in, and have been for over a week now! Can I get a hallelujah for the garage sale book that I found, "My Big Boy Bed Book". The first night we read it after our bath, I tried to go put Trey down in his crib. Well, he wasn't havin' it! He said, "No Mommy, big boy bed". Joe and I looked at each other and said, "Well, if you say so!" Of course I had to wake up twice during the night to check on him, but he was a champ! We now have the rail up, so I sleep a little better now. I think it was more of a transition for me, than it was for Trey! So, go ahead and mark that one down. WE ARE OUT OF THE CRIB! *just in time to fill it in the coming months!* Now, don't ask me about where all of his clothes and toys and stuff are...b/c yes, they are still in his other room. (1 step at a time please!)

Okay, just take a look at this picture. Trey is holding a butterfly that he painted for me with Grammie and Iggie.....way too cute! One of his first major creations...


Now, on to Mother's Day. I'm really excited about my present...a backyard makeover! This weekend I get to go pick out plants/flowers, etc! We love to play outside, but it gets kind of boring back there, so having the flowers out there will be a nice addition. Hopefully some patio furniture will be coming soon too! Anyhow, on Sunday we went to our church (LOVE IT...Community of Faith), my mom and Uncle Cody joined us for Trey's dedication. Trey had been baptized at my old church, but we wanted to dedicate him at our new church home. It was refreshing to see so many families dedicating themselves to God. From church, we all packed up and headed down to the booming metropolis of Lake Jackson, TX. My dad's mom, a.k.a. Nana, has been in a nursing home for several months after a broken hip. It has been hard to watch her decline. I was glad that we could all go down and see her, it really made her day that we were down there. Let me rephrase that, I would've been golden if just Trey showed up! We are all minced meat as long as he is there. However confused she sometimes seems, it is awesome to still see her bond with Trey. He got the biggest grin on his face when he saw her, he didn't care that she looks 10 years older than the last time he saw her. We got to eat a nice lunch, headed home, and got the week started. Nothing eventful thus far this week...stay tuned!

P.S. Only 11 days of school left!!! Woo Hoo!

No comments: