Friday, September 30, 2011

Another Week

Yet another week has FLOWN by. Tomorrow is October 1...how did that happen?! Football season is rolling along. My photography business is booming {LOVING it}, and school just finished up the first 6 weeks. Y'all remind me, the next time someone asks me to be in charge of a new gradebook system for 300 teachers....to say NO. We updated our system this year to Teacher Access Center, and it's a nightmare! Teachers, if you use it, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

Moving on. There hasn't been much excitement this week. Trey had to dress up as his favorite nursery rhyme today. He chose Humpty Dumpty. I looked online for ideas on a costume, and refused to buy one. One of the 'homemade' options was to cut a hole in a poster board and have his face go in that hole, and then draw the egg on the poster board. Really?! I'm sure that would have lasted 5 minutes. So, while Joe and I finished off the last 3 episodes of 24, season 6 {ADDICTED to that show, we may just start it over when we get thru season 8...I'm not joking}, I painted. This is what Trey's Humpty Dumpty looked like. {I'm a bad mom and didn't get a picture of him in the shirt this morning...hopefully, it's still in one piece this afternoon.


Tomorrow, I'm off all day to photograph a friend's wedding. It's going to be so much fun I can hardly stand it. I'll miss another football game, but I won't miss the after party. Grammie is keeping the kids, and they are SO excited about that. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats brilliant! I once made an "iron man" mask from a paper plate. Making stuff really saves money!