Monday, September 19, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork & S'mores Bars

I thought I would share the two recipes that got rave reviews at the party Saturday night. We only had a handful of bars left, and only one scoop {from 2 crock pots!} of the pork left. I'd say they were a success!

Let's start with the Pulled Pork...it was SUPER easy. Maybe you can keep a secret better than I can when someone asks you how you made it. You know you are supposed to say, 'A little of this and a little of that'...but I spilled the beans. Oh you know, from a McCormick's packet of seasoning. Seriously, find this little packet on your spice aisle:


Ingredients:
3 lb boneless pork roast {shoulder, butt...whatever, just no bone!}
1 pkg Slow Cooker McCormick's BBQ Pulled Pork seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

  1. Place pork in crock pot. {I ALWAYS use the crock pot liner, LIFE savers!}
  2. In a mixing bowl: dump the seasoning packet, ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar...mix well
  3. Pour sauce over pork
  4. Put the lid on the crock pot, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
  5. Open the lid after desired time, grab a couple forks and get to shredding.
    {The recipe says remove pork and shred, but seriously...who wants that mess?}
I served these on hamburger rolls with different cheeses, mayo, mustard, you name it. I also had the ramen slaw as a side, and some people added that to their sandwich!

Okay, now for the dessert!

Golden Graham S'mores bars...people were ALL over these! I doubled, and still almost ran out!



Yes, they are as sinful as they look.

Ingredients:
1 box Golden Graham cereal
1 - 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows {about 6 cups total}
1 - 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
5 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp of vanilla {optional, but I did it!}

Put chocolate chips in refrigerator to chill. Spray 9 x 13 dish and set aside. In a large bowl, pour out the box of cereal. In a mid-size sauce pan, melt the butter. When the butter is almost all melted, add 5 cups of the marshmallows {save 1 cup for later}. Stir constantly, until almost completely melted. Add in 1 tsp. of vanilla. Remove from stove, and pour over cereal in large bowl. Stir until cereal is coated. Stir in chocolate chips. Add in remaining 1 cup of marshmallows, and gently stir until well distributed. 

Press cereal mixture into 9 x 13. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set. After set {I had mine in the refrigerator most of the day, just because I made them early}, run a knife along the edges of the pan and it should come right on out, and set on a cutting board. Cut your bars, however big you want them! Warning, if you want to double it, I think it is just easier to make it twice instead of trying to make it all in one bowl. It can get messy. I made two separate, and it stayed much cleaner! Y'all, I'm serious...delicious!!


No comments: