Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Greek Pasta Salad Recipe

In an attempt to make sure I post something this week, I thought I'd share a recipe that I had a few weeks ago. I was at a good friend's baby shower and one of the ladies had made a Greek Pasta Salad. Oh...my...word...I could have eaten the whole bowl. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Greek Pasta Salad
  • 1 10 oz. package vermicelli or angel hair pasta, cooked and cooled; cut into 3-4 inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 heaping tablespoons Cavender's Greek seasoning (best to try to find this brand)
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1 small can chopped ripe olives, drained
  • 1 small jar pimentos, drained
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 5 green onions, finely chopped using part of green tops
  • OPTIONAL: she added feta cheese and cherry tomato halves and have added shrimp at times
In a large mixing bowl, place cooked pasta. Add oil, Greek seasoning and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients. Cover bowl and allow salad to marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours. (I usually make it the night before.)

No comments: