Friday, January 28, 2011

Recap...

This week has been one of those weeks that has been jammed pack with stuff to do, but at work it seems like it has just crawled along. SO glad it is FRIDAY!!

Last weekend we got together with my college teammates for a fun couples shower. We even skyped with one of the couples that were in New Mexico. I'm sad to admit it, but it was really the first time we had Skyped...embarrassing, I know...but we had a blast! We may or may not have taken a couples picture with the computer as to include the happy couple in New Mexico...we are cool, don't be jealous.

My part in hosting was designing the invites, even though we did it all digital. I still designed a double-sided invite so that we could give it to the girls to scrapbook. Here is the invite...{yes I crossed names and addresses off as to save them from any creepers!}




I also volunteered to bring some food...I brought party sandwiches, lil' smokies in the crock pot, and jalapeno popper dip. It's making me hungry thinking about it. The lil' smokies were super duper easy. 1 cup of grape jelly, and one jar of chili sauce (by the ketchup at the store), and combine all in a crock pot, heat on low and serve when ready. They go fast, just FYI. On to the jalapeno popper dip...ridiculously good.

The recipe:
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
  • 4 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
3. Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish. (I spread it into a 13x9 dish)
4. Mix together the Panko and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Spray the Panko and Parmesan with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.

People were talking about that dip...I wish I had some right about now. It would be a fabulous addition to Superbowl Sunday!

The other day, PW had to go and post this recipe. It will be made this weekend, in case you were wondering.

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL! Let the weekend begin in about 4 hrs and 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I use that same recipe that you used for the little smokies, but I do it with Kilbasa (sp?) sausage. YUM!!