Thursday, December 1, 2011

Skippy is Here!

Y'all...seriously. Last year I said, "I will not purchase Elf on the Shelf...$30, no way!" We tried using a little reindeer stuffed animal we had...um, not so much. The whole concept is genius, and I think Joe and I may be having more fun with him than Trey and Emery!

During the day, Skippy perches somewhere and keeps an eye on things. After the kids go to bed, he 'flies back to the North Pole to report Trey and Emery's behavior to Santa'. When he gets back, while everyone is sleeping, he usually gets into something. Every morning for the last week, Trey and Emery have woken up and said, "I wonder what Skippy was up to last night?!"

This is what he's been up to this week...

Night 1: Got all of the colors out and left his mark in the coloring book.

Night 2: Skippy vs. The Abominable Snowman in a serious game of checkers.


Night 3: Skippy is brave!


Night 4: Trey ended up in our bed, so Skippy decided to go keep Trey's bed warm for him.

Stay tuned for more of Skippy's antics. Leave a comment if you're doing Elf on the Shelf...I'd love to get some more ideas! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yep, we are doing it too. So far ours has taken a ride in the Barbie car with a stuffed monkey and last night he took a bath in the sink with marshmallows. I have gotten lots of cute ideas from Pinterest and can't wait to use them!