Monday, June 20, 2011

Scatter.brained

Watch out, I'm warning you...this shall be a scatter brained post. I decided to download some of my Instagrams from FB and share over here.

We spend 5 days out of the week a few afternoons during the summer hanging out at Deedee/Brew/and Aunt Shannon's house trying to stay out of the ridiculously, absurd heat. This is what we resorted to the other day...

Yep, that's a baby pool in the big pool...don't be jealous. Emery was pumped to be out of her little raft and have that all to herself!

Last night, we promised Trey that he and Emery could have a 'slumber party' in his room. We got the trundle all pulled out and set them free to have their fun at about 8:00. So, at 10:30 the room finally got quiet. Before I crashed, I did a quick walk thru to find them like this...

My heart melted. As much as these 2 are a mess, it just doesn't get any better. I may or may not have turned on the light to take a picture of this. It's a good thing that I have hard sleepers!

Friday, was Mimi's {my mom} birthday. She didn't want us to do anything over the top, so we went out to dinner and then had dessert at her house. I decided to make her birthday cake...she requested chocolate and white icing. I jazzed it up a little bit and did a raspberry filled chocolate cake with buttercream icing. I'll have to share the recipe, I just need to find it again. It was way yummy! Don't judge my icing skills, that has to be my least favorite part of baking...


Last, but not least...when you have kids, one of the most asked questions is 'who do they look like?' Poor Emery is going to look like me, at this point I think it's safe to say she doesn't have any hope. The following picture is of me at about Em's age now...


To finish up, I have to share one of my FB statuses from this weekend. I thought Joe was going to pull the car over he was laughing so hard...here's the status:

As we are driving by Target, a {grown} girl walks out in a bikini top, basketball shorts, and some kind of cartoon crocs {not lyin'}...Trey's response? 'nuh uh, that is unacceptable! A girl is not supposed to wear that!'

Don't say I didn't warn you that this post would be scatter brained!! However, if you hang out with me long enough, you'll know that's how I roll.

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

Trey's Target comment cracked me up!!! Karsyn keeps talking about the Mavs Dancers and that they are "inappropriate". I love it when little kids use big words!!