Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hands Full

My hands are full. While two kids barely qualifies me for a 'hands full' status...Trey and Emery's personalities put it over the top. These two are always entertaining. I don't think Trey has realized that his world is about to come crashing down. Emery is catching up to him fast, and she is going to set him straight. She is already going toe to toe with him...I'm betting that this summer is going to be very interesting. Especially the 18 hour drive to Illinois.

You see, Trey knows every rule in the book. He likes to enforce every rule in the book...especially with his sister. Emery, however, marches to the beat of her own drum and could care less about anybody's rules! I thought I'd share some day-to-day interaction for y'all to have some insight.

Emery:
At two and a half, Emery has decided that she is the fashionista of the family. Getting her dressed these days is far from fun. The other day we decided to wash the car. It was high 70's...so I had a white t-shirt under her sun dress. It was too chilly for her to be outside in just the sun dress. Well, the little stinker went upstairs and took her shirt off and just wanted the sun dress. I informed her that she would have to wear the shirt under the dress if she was going to go play. She kicked and fought me tooth and nail to put that shirt on. I won the battle, but she sat on the stairs and screamed 'I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THIS. NO MOMMY.' I'm not over exaggerating when I tell you that she sat there for more than 5 minutes until daddy came to talk her off the stairs. I was going to let her sit there all afternoon, but hey...daddy is good as gold with his girl.

Trey:
A couple of weeks ago on our way home from Dallas, Trey declares that he has to use the restroom. We finally stopped at a convenience store, and I lost the paper/rock/scissors with Joe, so I had to accompany him in. On our way back out to the car, I was informing Trey that if he didn't take a nap in the car, that he would have to take a nap when we got home. I hadn't gotten all the words out of my mouth when Trey spotted the end cap with the fun juice on it. You know the little bottles that have the characters as the lids?! Trey turned into a little entrepreneur. 'Mommy, if you get me this juice, I will take a nap for you.' Um, Trey...sorry buddy, ain't happenin'. 'Mommy, if you don't get me this juice, I'm NOT taking a nap!' OH, really...Needless to say, he was asleep in the car in less than half an hour...and NO he did not get the juice.

Half the time, I have to bite my lip so that I don't laugh out loud. I wouldn't trade them for the world!

2 comments:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

haha... yup. That's them.

Grandma said...

Reading your blog is almost like being a fly on the wall and watching them! What dears!