Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

Wednesday night we had some friends over and I decided to be brave and try a new recipe. I wanted pasta, but not the standard lasagna. I scoured thru my usual blogs that I stealborrow recipes from. Nothing was talking to me, so I went to my back up site and struck gold. I had never tried my hand at Chicken Parmesan, but this was SO good. It was probably a few more steps than I would take for a normal weekday meal, but it was worth it! Make this, you won't regret it.

P.S. This recipe uses 4 chicken breasts, I used 6 and had enough breading ingredients to cover them.

On a side note, don't do this before you start.



One roll of paper towels later...

Chicken Parmesan
  • 4 chicken breasts {I used 6}
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cups Grated Pamesan cheese
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3 tbs butter
  • 1 1/2 jars Marinara sauce {I used Emeril's}
  • 2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
Prep:

Put each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound them out to a uniform thickness, no more than about 1/3-inch thick.

Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate and add cheese to the bread crumbs. Place the flour, salt and pepper in a third pie plate.

Coat the chicken completely with the flour mixture, patting to adhere. Dip the chicken into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs and cheese mixture, again patting to adhere.

Heat oil and butter in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Grease a baking pan with the baking pan with a splash of olive oil and transfer the chicken to the greased pan . Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese, cover with marinara sauce, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

And I sit here wondering why I am never invited over for these meals... you just seem to like posting them, and torturing me... WOW... thanks Miss Kristy, thanks alot. :P

Can't wait to see the kids on Monday. I miss then alredy an they were here less then 24 hours ago.

Love,
Bleah