Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Um. Yum.

Tonight was the typical Tuesday at the Owens' household. Home from school. Naps. Go catch a game or two of volleyball {no, we don't make it the entire match}. Grab a bite to eat I cook. Bath. Bed.

Tonight I actually cooked. This as a matter of fact.


and this...


That would be barbecued pork chops and sauteed green beans. I say barbecued, but I'm not really sure what category my lil' sauce would fit into. It was one of those "throw whatever you got into the bowl" sauces. This happened to be: apricot preserves, soy sauce, lil' bit o sherry, oil...I think that's all, and don't ask me measurements. :) That's how I roll. I just seasoned the pork chops and threw them on the grill and basted while they cooked. YUM.

The sauteed green beans are actually CANNED green beans. In the past, I've used fresh, but let's face it...I didn't have time to clean fresh ones. I just threw a couple slices of chopped bacon in the skillet, drain the green beans and throw them in. Season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little soy sauce. DOUBLE YUM. Joe gave it the thumbs up and that's all that really matters.

Enough about cooking. It probably won't happen again this week. JUST KIDDING. Okay maybe not. Anyhow...you know you want one of these...



I'm just sayin'.

And this girl...she might be too stinking cute for her own good.


Her brother...he's a mess. At least he's a cute mess though.

1 comment:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

I'll take on of the too cute for her own good, and I'll take a mess please! :D