Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Dinner Recipes

Photobucket

Who can pass up sharing recipes? Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has a 'Show Us Your Life' theme each this week. This week is recipes and I thought I'd participate, you know...so I don't feel guilty stealing the other recipes. I know I've posted this on here before, but hey...my brain is tired. :) Hope y'all have had a great week and are as excited for the weekend as I am!

The Tickle Family Meatloaf:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 rows of saltine crackers
1 med. onion, chopped
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 cup milk

Sauce:
4 tbsp. vinegar
4 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 onion (left over from above)
*I always double this, b/c we love the sauce...

Mix the meat, crushed saltine crackers, beaten egg, 2/3 chopped onion, salt, pepper, ketchup, and milk. Form into loaf in 9 x 13 pan. Pour sauce mixture (see below) over the top of the loaf and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

What's so special about meatloaf? This one...it's the sauce! This is by far one of our favorite dinner meals. It makes for the best left overs too! We were blessed with this recipe from one of my college roommates. We would double/triple the recipe and have a house full...memories!

Head on over to Kelly's Korner to find more recipes!

7 comments:

Monica said...

Just what I had in mind to make,I haven't had meatloaf in forever! Thanks for the recipe!

Tatum said...

Thanks for this recipe! I am definitely going to have to try this!

Courtney said...

That sounds yummy! I am definitely going to try it! :-)

Sherri said...

Nothing better than meatloaf. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Unknown said...

Meatloaf is such a good comfort food. I like it best cold in sandwiches! Thanks for sharing. I would love for you to join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Come check it out.

Ashley said...

I adore meatloaf but seem to have trouble finding good recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!

Val said...

I saw your message about your husband being from Plano East - my husband graduated from Plano Senior High in 88 - too funny - small world! He coached at Plano West feeder schools for 3 years. My husband also went to SFA - he was there in 1999-2000 - he was working on his masters.