Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Catch Up Time

Well, the 2010 football season ended this past weekend. It was a heartbreaker, as both teams played their tails off, and we only lost by 3 points. I hated to see football season come to an end...for a couple of reasons, 1 being that basketball season is now upon us. Let's not mention Joe had a basketball game last night, Touchdown club dinner tonight, and a basketball tournament Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. Nothing says welcome to basketball season like that schedule does. Good thing is, when February rolls around, he is done for the year. Let the countdown begin!

I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about my new obsession. Auctions. Holy goodness...if you're a bargain shopper, look no further. They may get me even more excited than a good garage sale! This last Friday was awesome because part of the auction was leftovers from a booth at the Nutcracker Market. They had great Christmas decorations that they were auctioning off in lots. Just to mention one lot that I got: 2 small Christmas trees, and 3 stocking holders...for a grand total of $15. My mom got another lot for $30 {4 big strands of garland, an angel, a tree topper and 2 wreaths}. My final lot I spend $25 on and got a bread bowl, 2 angels, 2 wreaths, and a rooster. You can see most of the stuff in the collage below...


I don't know where the energy came from, but tonight while I was flying solo with Trey and Emery...I got the tree up and decorated. Feels good to have that crossed off the to-do list.

A few of my favorite ornaments...

Our only Radko ornament...Joe's mom got it for us when we got married.

Gotta have the boots...

These snowflakes are pretty, but are quickly becoming my 'un.favorite'...
Glitter is EVERYWHERE...

The little Santa's have a story. My Nana was once obsessed with QVC.
Yes, I'm sure these came from QVC. Yes, they're on my tree....don't judge.
My Nana has been in a nursing home for 2 years and this is my way of having her with us. I like my Santa's.

OH, I can't forget to blog Emery's newest shoes I made. I'm in LOVE.
Not only because they're cute. Also, because these little suckers will cost you at least $50 on Etsy. I made them for $12. Success.


Let the countdown begin...7 more days until we're out for the Holidays!

2 comments:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

umm, i would seriously consider sporting those shoes. impressive!

Billie said...

I love your Santa, too. That's what Christmas is all about - love and cherished memories.