Tuesday, November 30, 2010

{Thanksgiving}

Well, I survived my first Thanksgiving. :) Thanks to my mom and Joe's mom!

I think I learned from the best. I have watched my mom enough times now, that it really wasn't too tough. The main thing I learned was to get all of your stuff chopped and ready to go prior to preparing and cooking everything. My dishes this year were: the turkey, corn casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, and sweet potatoes {PW's recipe...delicious!}. My mom brought the dressing, oyster casserole, pumpkin gingerbread trifle, and Waldorf salad. We had a table FULL of food, and lots of left overs.

Billie {Joe's mom...aka Grandma}, was a HUGE help with the turkey. She got up with me and helped season it. We used the turkey bags, and it was SO easy. I think the big difference was she made a butter with all different seasonings, and she slid that underneath the skin. I did my part by cutting up little Clementine oranges and quartered an onion and we stuffed the turkey with that. The turkey was YUMMY, and super moist.

On Wednesday, we decided to have a little photo shoot with the kids and Grandma and Papa. Grandma got Emery and Trey THE cutest outfits from My Vintage Baby. We had a good time getting some of these shots. Check out Facebook for the full albums. Here are some of the outtakes. Yep, those are my 2...if you know them, then you know that is about how it is, ALL of the time.










Don't be surprised if this is our Christmas card this year...


I hope y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday. We are still fast and furious, as football season is STILL going. Round 4, here we come!

No comments: