Sunday, July 4, 2010

Countdown

The countdown is on for our new yearly commitment...Coaches Outreach marriage retreat. If you are a coach/coach's wife, it is a MUST. We absolutely love it, and it always gets us in the right frame of mind before another grueling season starts up. This year we are headed to Lone Wolf, Oklahoma...yes, I think it is as small as it sounds, and that is fabulous. Thursday afternoon we are headed to Dallas to drop off the kids with Grandma & Papa, and then Friday morning we will make the rest of the journey. To say we are excited, might be a bit of an understatement. Here are a few pictures of the place we will be staying...


Go ahead, be jealous.







You may not hear from me again this week, as I have to get another room in the house painted, kids packed up, a minimum of 2 photo shoots, and the list goes on!

Oh, by the way...I made Cafe Red Onion's pineapple salsa today. YUM.

Here's the recipe:
1 - 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 jalapeno {fresh/seeded/diced small}
1 tbs cilantro {I probably used a little more}
1 - 2 tbs corn oil
juice of 1/2 lime

{additional: I added a little juice from a jar of jalapenos, which was suggested in the recipe I had found}

Directions: Add all to blender/food processor, pulse until you get the consistency you like for salsa! Add salt to taste, and if you want to sweeten it up you could add a little sugar/Splenda. Serve with tortilla chips. I actually tripled this to take to our pool party of at least 20, and still have quite a bit left. {I'm super excited to have for a snack this week!} Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is where Morgan (my oldest) went for 3 years. Quartz Mountain - and they host the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute every year there. 240 of the most talented kids in the state of Oklahoma! It is beautiful and I hope you enjoy yourselves - you deserve it! Thanks for the recipe, I am definitely going to try it!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Next time y'all are in Dallas let us know and we will meet up for dinner or something!