Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life - The Story of Joooowens & KB


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


Don't worry about the title post, but those that know us from our SFA days should laugh. Trust me, you don't want the details.

Joe and I met our freshman year at Stephen F. Austin State University...He was there on a football scholarship, and I on a volleyball scholarship. If you know anything about college football/volleyball season, then you know that those athletes have to show up at least 2 weeks prior to school starting to participate in horrendous fabulous 2-a-day workouts...complete with ice baths at the end of the day. I may or may not have had my eye on Joe since orientation, but he was bringing his girlfriend from high school with him. I was patient! Freshman year came and went. Many pranks were pulled between the football players on the first and second floor of Hall 20 and the volleyball girls on the 3rd floor. Those two years in Hall 20 were entertaining to say the least. Moving on.

The spring semester of our sophomore year, I had a night class with another volleyball player and Joe had a different night class but in the same building. After afternoon/evening practice, Brandi and I would round up Joe and we would walk to class together...followed by a weekly dinner at La Carreta. If you don't know La Carreta, I'm sorry. In the meantime, I had joined a sorority {DZ, if ya wanna know}, and we were having a grab-a-date. After much prodding by my teammates, one night at La Carreta, I sucked it up and asked Joe to my grab-a-date. The rest is pretty much history. Believe it or not, that will be 11 years ago, next week! Whoa, were old...I think I just sprouted a few more gray hairs. We were married June 7, 2003, and it honestly gets better every year!

If you read my previous post, then you know I do not have access to some of the pictures I wanted to show off, so I'm stuck to what I have on my server at school.

Our lil' fam, at my HOF induction...


I couldn't help but post this picture of Trey in Joe's jersey...


Our most recent family picture, by Daisy Pearl


For more sweet stories, head on over to Kelly's blog!

2 comments:

Steph said...

This is so sweet! I love hearing how people met.

Leah Remillet said...

Adorable family!!!! And thank you so so much for adding Go4Pro to your blog which is super cute!

:) Leah