Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wow.

Wildcats win, Wildcats win, Wildcats win?!! Joe's team {Cy Woods}, as a 2nd year varsity program had made it to the third round of the playoffs again this year. However, most people counted them out of their match up as soon as they found out who the opponent was. Dallas Skyline...{insert the spooky music here}. Skyline has been touted all year as a State favorite, because they are HEAVILY loaded with D-1 prospects. You can read about what people thought here. Fast forward, because I've already given away the ending. Woods trailed 14-7 until the 4th quarter. They even trailed 21-14 with 2 and a half minutes left. Time out - let me let you in on a little statistic...the Skyline quarterback had thrown ZERO interceptions ALL season...until those final 2 and a half minutes. He now has 2 interceptions for the year. Go Wildcat defense. Woods scored 14 points in the final two and a half minutes, and might have scored one of the biggest upsets of this years playoffs. It has to be one of the most exciting games I've been a part of, and I am beyond proud of those boys and the coaches. While I never thought we might get killed, my mindset had been that anything can happen, but I knew those Skyline boys were BIG. Anything did happen, and that win makes the struggles of football season totally worth it.

While the winning was more than fabulous, can we discuss stand/bleacher etiquette? To the gentleman {and I use that word lightly} who felt the need to use the words s{p}it and {d}uck (replace whatever letters you'd like!) during his rant of the players and that they were giving the game away...shame on you. Shame on you, when I asked you VERY politely to please watch your language because there were kids around, that you yelled at me to turn around and pay attention to the game or move. Oh, how I wish I had the nerve of Leigh Anne Tuoy {The Blind Side} to tell that "Crotch mouth" to sit down and shut up. Mimi, however, did tell him to shut up. Okay, moving on. Unfortunately, the fun in the bleachers didn't end there. I promise one of these years, I will let the words "Come on Coach!" roll off my back and ignore them. I'm just not there yet. Those words came flying out of another "gentleman's" mouth at the end of the first half, when Woods decided to head to the locker room with the ball, because we were getting the ball back first thing of the second half {hmm...did they think of that?}. Moving on, I politely said, "There is a coach's family directly behind you, with his children, could you please refrain from yelling at the coaches please." Part of my problem is, that Trey identifies his daddy as a Coach and all of his buddies. He knows when someone is yelling at them, and I don't want to have to explain that, I shouldn't have to. To top it off, the "lady" sitting with them turns around and states that they are coaches {completely baffles me}. In which case, I turn to my cousin and say, "You'd think they know better!" A few more words were exchanged, in which all I asked for was good sportsmanship. Good sportsmanship is cheering FOR the team/coaches/band/dancers, etc....nothing negative. I guess I am on a personal quest to clean up the stands. We'll see how well that goes over. Well, there you have it for the therapy section of my blog.

There is a potential 2 more games left of this football season. My stance on that, is if we've come this far, we might as well go for it! Again, this week...the cards are stacked against us and I don't think people are giving Woods a chance against Round Rock Stony Point. In which, I say...Bring it!

I'll leave you with some pictures of the kiddos, from our friend Miss Sheila! Love them!












4 comments:

Lanie Evans said...

Thanks for the update. We are in north Louisiana and I looked on chronicle website but could not find post of game. Then went to blogsearchgoogle andfound your post. Way to go! Thanks, Lanie Evans.

Billie said...

Way to go Mrs. Coach!

Val said...

Love the pics of the kids - and I have been in your spot with the fans before. I can't help at laugh at most of them - because I know my husband knows what he is diong - and I know I know more than most of them about what is going on - but when it affects my kids - I can't help but get upset! Right now my girls don't notice anybody saying anything - thank goodness - and I know that day comes - I will be come the Grizzley Coaches Wife!!

Amber Schmidt said...

That first pics is TRULY priceless!!!! I would have that one enlarged and on my wall in a heartbeat! LOL